Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Error running project in JDeveloper - "java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region not found"

I always encountered this error when I started learning Oracle ADF in JDeveloper and had found no straightforward answer in the forums. Now that I was able to find the solution through a similar case in Metalink, I thougth that it would help other beginners like me, if I will post the solution here. Error: java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region not found Error: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" Solution: add a java option "-Duser.timezone=GMT" without the quotes in the run configuration under project properties on every project in JDeveloper. It is also important to restart the Server after configuring such java option. Tags: JDeveloper 11g R1 WebLogic

3 comments:

  1. great, great, great man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I spent last 3 hrs searching yours helped without any confusion

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the post. But if the application has more than 10 projects , then it is undesirable to set the same. Is it there any other common way to fix the issue .

    ReplyDelete