IntroductionWith the current trend of having 64 bit as the new desktop standard, then you would most likely come into a situation where you have a hard time deciding what OS to buy that can support your software development tasks, while not being left behind. That OS selection decision is made simpler by the advent of Virtualization wherein you can have multiple OS on a single hardware machine.
In this series, I will share with you how I was able to set-up and run Oracle SOA Suite on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS through Oracle VM VirtualBox.
This is Part I of the following series:
- Setting-up Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 on Oracle VM VirtualBox 3.2.4
- Installing Java 1.6 on Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Installing Weblogic 10.3.3 on Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Installing Oracle SOA Suite 126.96.36.199 on Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Configuring a new Oracle SOA 188.8.131.52 Domain on Oracle Enterprise Linux
You maybe wondering why Oracle Enterprise Linux? Well, the answer is simple- All Oracle products are certified on Oracle Enterprise Linux and its FREE.
- Download and Install Oracle VM VirtualBox 3.2.4.
- Download the Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 Installers and burn it into CDs.